Address: 17391 Durrance Rd, North Fort Myers, FL 33917
Phone: (239) 543-3246
Global Farm Tour
- Tuesdays-Saturdays, 9:30am and 1:30 pm
Appropriate Technology Tour
- Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, 11:30am
- Adults: $12.50
- Students (13-18): $9.00
- Children (6-12): $6.00
- Children 5 and under: FREE
Arrive 20 minutes early and expect for the tour to last 2 hours.
Quick Facts about ECHO:
- ECHO has been established for more than 36 years
- There are, on average, 167 countries that benefit from ECHO monthly
- 11,818 seed packets shared, free of charge, around the world
- 12,242 visitors toured ECHO facilities worldwide
- 2,438 pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables donated to Florida food bank this year
“ECHO gathers solutions from around the world to solve hunger problems. The solutions promote sustainable farming techniques, nutritional plants, and appropriate technologies. The purpose is to help those who are teaching farmers around the world to know how to be more effective in producing enough to meet the needs of their families and communities.”
Regional impact centers located in Chiang Mai, Thailand, Arusha, Tanzania, Ouagadougou, and Burkina Faso.
ECHO International Headquarters is located at the campus in North Fort Myers, Florida. Campus includes: global farm, research center, reference library, seed bank, tropical fruit nursery, global bookstore, and staff offices.
“ECHO Global Nursery specializes in a diverse selection of tropical and sub-tropical fruits, edible plants and tropical clumping bamboo for Southwest Florida. We have well over 100 species of trees, shrubs, vines, herbs and perennial vegetables.” https://www.echonet.org/about-us/
- 9 am to 5 pm Monday – Friday
- 9 am to 4 pm Saturday
Important links regarding gardening: